Monday, June 21, 2010
Eninroth was a great project to work on and i think we all had some fun at some stage and everybody will have a nice piece of wisdom to take with them.
Some things to consider for the next project to ensure a better success would be as you may have guessed organization and dead lines! eninroth was a bit grey on this and if the next project gets its people to produce work when its NEEDED i think things may go better :)
In comparison to supernova we have taken a step in the right direction the problem plagued supernova was communication, enthusiasm and direction. Eninroth and t.e.d have overcome these issues and put forward a new line of problems to reflect on i hope that the next projects and the projects after will continue to to get learn from their predecessors.
o btw im trying to start a thing the 1st post on a new blog(tafe/project/game blog thing) needs to be called "getting started"
so far we got Supernova and Eninroth on the list :P
its been a pleasure to work with you all
Project leader of Eninroth Josh
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
not much for me also.
but yes! i come to ask that all of the level designers send me at least 2 pictures of their levels please? i am currently making the sounds. i have done quite abit of the FX sounds but i also need to do music. any scenic areas you have that truly capture the level's image, please send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
thank you :)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Anyways, We are making most excellent progress with our project! Everyone has been doing tonnes of awesome work getting this together. Cant wait til get this all complete and ready to show xD.
Had a bit of a scare where my current version broke and I couldnt work out why.. Thank god for backups!
With the current version there are are still a few bugs existing programming wise. These are:
- Problem with the Dongar polearms. However Aaron will be fixing this up :)
- I think I have the current version of William but there isnt a death animation to play o.O. But it doesnt crash when its played anyways so its not all bad.
- This leads to the player respawning. After death, the player doesnt respawn properly ie. spawns in a different place, without a weapon etc.
- Aaron I may need your updated AI code again.. my backup wasnt as updated as I would have liked.
Here are the current tasks left to do in order to have some form of a working demo:
- Import Scotts level and populate that with AI and stuff like that
- Populate Josh's Level with AI and other stuff (wont take long at all)
- Finish the main quest and populate the levels with NPCs to obtain and finish these quests etc.
- Sort out the Altic boss fight/survival quest
- Use the gui designed by the cert 4 multimedia guys and link it to spells, health, etc.
- Remove the current AFX spells and replace them with our own
If anyone else knows of anything else that needs doing just tell me and I shall add it to the list!
Right this needs to be done by monday so we have out work cut out for us!
Keep up the good work people!
Over and out
- Some form of "you have completed the game" screen? ( low priority)